Monday, March 7, 2011

Back To The Land Of Lox

Tune of the Moment: "The Riddle" by the Becca Stevens Band (from the album "Tea Bye Sea").

Becca is an incredibly original artist and musician. She's gaining popularity rapidly on the New York "scene" and can be seen singing with Brad Mehldau later this week. She also heads up her own group, the Becca Stevens Band, featuring Liam Robinson, Chris Tordini and Jordan Perlson. What I love about Becca's songwriting is that it wraps itself around your ears and senses and makes you feel a sense of familiarity, and then it takes you somewhere completely unexpected and new-but it still makes sense and leaves you feeling immensely satisfied. She is also a totally lovely and faberoo person. Here's a recent vid and you can check out more at www.beccastevens.com :


I'm returning to my apple abode tomorrow and leaving the delicious grey of London behind. It's been such a wonderful holiday and trip and I've had such culinary fun. Some of my discoveries included Pret A Manger's porridge. Cousin Kindle said it was amazing. And it was. For something that is only 225 calories (not that I know what a calorie is nor how many I am supposed to be consuming-hey, they plaster this info everywhere so I simply have to read it), it was incredibly creamy and warm-everything you could want on a freezing winter's day.


Twekkelo yogurt-the Apple & Cinnamon flavour is Mama Bear's favourite. Unfortunately it's not available in the USA :(


Pistachio nut butter-freshly ground from UK Whole Foods. Too yummy and such an amazing colour.


So, with hues of green, I leave you in good health and good eating.


No comments:

Post a Comment