Saturday, February 25, 2012

Would You Like Some Chocolate with Your Almond Butter?

Tune of the Moment: "Mean" by Taylor Swift.

What can I say? I am a swifty, a groupie, a Taylor Swift fan. I'll admit I wasn't always on team Taylor. I had my doubts-stemming largely from one pitchy performance after the next. So they were valid concerns as to whether Tay-Tay could actually sing (nevermind the fact that her writing is great, catchy, solid).

However, for the first time in ages I sat down to actively watch this year's Grammy Awards ceremony. Taylor's live performance was simply brilliant. Beautifully staged, beautifully and sweetly sung, and so effective in silencing my inner critic. Of course I went out and bought her album. And of course I'm now bopping incessantly around my bedroom like a 16 year old, singing into a hairbrush, and channeling "Flashdance".

This is the live version...



This is the music vid-perfection I say.


Things on the food front have been pretty uneventful. Last week was pretty busy and saw me shoving a hardboiled egg into my mouth on the way out the door, or gulping down half an avocado, on more than one occasion. So, the only thing I can report on was this gift from a girlfriend of mine. It could be seen in two contrasting lights-either incredibly love of her, of incredibly devious since I now find myself glaring at the jar as it sits on the counter top. If only looks could kill....

Thanks for nothing Trader Shmoe's.
(P.S. It could be more almondy and less chocolatey, in my opinion.)

No comments:

Post a Comment