Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Eatenberg Beatenberg

Tune of the Moment: Apropos yesterday's post about being smitten with a song and playing it ad nauseum, today's tune is by my favorite SA band, Beatenberg. I mentioned them in a previous post but just today they posted a brand spanking new song on Facebook. Cue excited shrieking and jumping up and down. The verdict? I don't know how many times I've played this song today. I wish it was downloadable and, darn it, I've earned the right to download it due to my incessant playing of it. I'm completely whipped.


Here is the link-you've been warned. Click on this puppy and those around you will curse you for clicking "play" over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. "Echoes" is freaking addictive.



Food-wise, I just made a pretty delish lunch. Part of it comprised a cheese-less pesto experiment. I'm in love with coriander but can never use it up fast enough-I ultimately end up with wilting, brown ish coriander that begs to be thrown away. So, because I still want to purchase herbs and need to justify the acquisition of cilantro (coriander), basil, sorrel and more, I decided to make a big batch of green goodness. Patrick Holford has a similar idea/recipe in his "Liver Cleanse" book-basically take a variety of green herbs, blend them up and consume them with everything and anything. I also love kale and am trying to find new ways to prepare it. The solution? Coriander and kale pesto happiness.

Go Green Pesto Princess

Handful of coriander
Handful of kale, chopped up a bit
Good glug of olive oil
Handful of pine nuts (or other nuts-pecans or walnuts would be yummy too)
Sea salt
(Optional: sundried tomatoes, marinated artichoke hearts, olives, hard cheese like parmesan or grand padano)



Blend the above in a blender and eat it with EVERYTHING.


Remember: there can never be too much green!



I enjoyed this greenness with baked cod and a salad of leaves, avo and beets. Oh, and the salad was dressed with this dressing (sans the jalapeƱos because I'm a wimp). Oh, and the cod was roasted with black olives and marinated artichokes. Here's lunch before I added the green pesto:




No comments:

Post a Comment